Sunday, September 20, 2009

Why did the chicken cross the road ?

Because he wanted to get to the other side !
Now what kind of question is that to ask a rooster ???
The grass is greener on that side of the road.
I wanted to check it out.
And the man human was over there, so I thought if he can, so can I.
And of course, Lucy was with me, and we wandered over together.
I was so excited to have found new ground to check out.
Course he made me come back over to our lawn. Drats.
I thought I was in the clear. Little did I know.
Later in the day, the lady human caught up with me. Seems the man
 human had told her where we had been.
Man did I get a scolding.
She told me if she caught me, I was going to get my wings clipped.
No more flying over the fence. And the yard would be smaller and
have a roof .
Guess that means I better be a good rooster. Sigh....
Okay........I will try.
Maybe they will forget about my wandering.
I can only hope...............

1 comment:

  1. You better behave Bert! That lady human just might keep her word! :)

    ReplyDelete