Monday, September 7, 2009

So much for peace and quiet.........

Well yesterday the man human moved the rest of the gang over to the new hen house.
It sure made it interesting running around the yard again with that BIG GUY. This yard is about 1/2 the size of the old yard. Still a lot of room, but the yard walls are higher. I still can escape but it's a bit harder. They been letting me out later in the afternoon though.

Well last evening, the humans watched us settle down for the night. I took top roost with a couple of my favorite hens. Little Red finally found her way to the top rung. The other evening she slept in the nest box. The BIG GUY can't do roosts thank goodness and he and the two big hens settled down in the corner. Ernie finally decided on the middle roost with some of the young buff orpingtons. I watched one of the young ones try to sit on the water dish top. It's a 5 gallon jug so has some size to it. It sure don't look like a perch to me. Silly chicken !

Rumor has it that Ernie maybe going for a ride sometime soon.....wonder what all that means !?!

1 comment: