Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I was REALLY bad tonite.

The man human got tired of babysitting us chickens to go nite nite in the new coop.
He starts the process and then goes in the house.
The lady human gets to finish it up now. Well Ernie and I like the top roost.
I got Lucy to sit next to me. So far so good. I ended up in the corner spot. Not bad.
But all the newbie kids keep trying to get on the top perch. Sorry no room.
So they got the second roost and the lady human made some of them go over to the nest box perches.

I bet she said my name at least 50 times tonite. I just could not settle down.
She turned me around twice. I was the bad boy in the corner.
 You're in TIME OUT, she kept telling me. How would you like to be in a cage all nite, Bert ?!?!?

Well I kept pecking at the new kids on the second perch.
No way were they going to get on the top perch and bother Lucy and me. Sheesh.

Ernie he kept looking out the window on the other end of the top perch.
He only got scolded once when he decided Little Red looked REAL good.
The human stuffed him in the nest box, flipped the perch bar up,  and told him to cool his jets.
He got back out in short order, went back on the perch and was pretending to look so innocent.

The human kept switching birds around. We were acting like a bunch of two year olds.
Then it happened.........I goofed big time.

I pecked the chicken below me again, and there was the human's hand in the way.
Ooooops.......
I got called a few more names. She said * okay, good night birds*
and  shut the door behind her, and locked it....... Dang, it's dark in this coop. ............
gee, I hope she forgives me in the morning.....

.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Bert! You were bad! Don't you know you aren't suppose to peck a human! You better hope that she does forgive you in the morning and you better be on your best behavior tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete