Friday, September 18, 2009

Cold and rainy .......Fall is here.

It is getting colder and it is raining today.
The lady human told me I better get used to it. This is Fall.
The man human has been working more on our chicken house. It is now red 
and has some trim on the corners. I wanted to help but I was told I was underfoot.
I made sure to stay close though and keep an eye on things. Lots of pounding with
the hammer.
The man human made our yard a lot bigger this morning. He fenced in the garden area.
He used a machine to turn the dirt over. I was real excited. I kept calling the hens over
to check out all the bugs and worms. Oh lots of yummies and treats.
The hens really enjoyed the fresh dirt. Two of them looked like they were in hog heaven.
They each dug big holes so they could fluff their feathers. They were throwing dirt all directions.
I was trying to stay out of their way.
I did hear the lady human telling the man human that we would be getting a new feed dish soon.
She said that it would be one of those hanging ones, so there would be more floor room.
The other big rooster is still here. I am getting so frustrated with him. He crows a lot. Loud.
And he likes to sit in the doorway of the chicken house. The humans have to move him down
the wood ramp and out into the yard.. Keep telling him not to be such a couch potato. 
The lady human keeps telling us we are all going to have to earn our keep. The hens lay eggs.
She asked me what I was going to do. I told her that I am the funny guy. The comedian :)

1 comment:

  1. You are the comedian Bert... I think you already earn your keep! :)

    ReplyDelete