Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hey ERNIE ........wait for me !

It sure was a long day here today. The lady human spent quite a bit of time out in the chicken house.
 She had all the hens on lockdown all morning. I was bummed out. No Lucy to take a walk with me.
I did go out on my own, but seemed so strange to be out all by myself.

Even Ernie had no answers for me why all the hens were locked up. The BIG GUY was in the coop though. Now how weird is that ???  The lady human stayed in there quite awhile too. About noon, she opened the door back up and let the girls out. It sure put a smile on my face to see Lucy again :)  None of the hens could tell me what was going on. They did say after they laid their egg, that the human would say...*good chicken*

Then late this afternoon, the man human came out and put 7 of the  big red hens in the coop. And then he put Ernie in there too and shut the door. I was out running around in the human yard, and did not know what was going on. The hens had to fill me in. I figured Ernie got a invite to a party. What a lucky bird he is !

Things were quiet for awhile, and then the lady human came out. There was 2 other strange people with her. I tried to get closer to see what was going on, but they had a cage in my way. Next thing I know, I see the strange  humans leaving carrying this big crate. Very very strange.

Well after a bit, my humans came back out, and put all of us to bed. The lady human was saying....nite nite , chickens. I got the top roost tonite by the window. I could not find Lucy but the man human said she was in the corner with the BIG GUY......and his other two girlfriends. I am going to have to have a big talk with that chick come morning........

I did not see Ernie....and some of the hens are missing. The human said they got a new home. On a farm.
And the man wanted to buy more chickens in the spring. He hoped to have over 100 hens..........
wowsers.............hey ERNIE..............wait for me !!!


  

1 comment:

  1. Well at least Ernie won't be taking the ladies away from you anymore Bert! :)

    ReplyDelete