Monday, December 28, 2009

It's nite nite time chickens.

Well, must be I am the big boy  in the room now .... I sit in the corner spot so I can see the door good. It's called the top roost. Usually Lucy sneaks in first and gets the spot I like. I try to be nice, so I sit next to her. I face the door . Lucy likes looking at the wall. I think she is a bit backwards sometimes.  Oops........don't tell her I said that.

The other day, I was standing at the chicken door and would not let the other red rooster come in for the night. The lady human laughed at me, and told me to let Tommy come in. Wasn't my idea of a good time. He is a sneaky boy, always chasing my girls when he thinks I am not looking. The Henry rooster was already in the coop and acting innocent. His favorite look.

So when the sun starts to set, we chickens go to bed. When the sun comes up, we chickens climb off the roosts. Very simple.

The man human normally makes sure all is well and then shuts off the light for us.
He told me I can't play with the switch. He mumbled something about kid proofing it.
I don't understand him at times. I want to learn how to do new things.......

1 comment:

  1. Oh Bert, you just crack me up! Just tell the man human that you want to become an electrician. I hope you and your Lucy had a Merry Christmas!

    Debbie
    ouroldhomestead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete